Friday, September 09, 2005

A small contribution

With the thousands of people being sent to Columbia SC as refugees from this dang hurricane, I had the opportunity to see a huge show of kindness from people through donations. Yesterday afternoon WMHK radio held a relief drive (food, clothes,...) at (I know, I know Mark) WalMart, in just a few hours they recieved close to a hundred shopping carts heaped up with stuff for the people who are being sent to SC. I was able to donate my time since money is scarce for college students. From 7:00 to 10:30 I helped load and unload a tractor trailor half full of stuff. I thought that it was pretty cool that I could help in some way.

1 comment:

MarkW said...

Ugg comment spammers, no taste what so ever.

I can see why you weren't too thrilled about my Katrina post now. Glad you found a way to directly help the relief efforts.